Seeds are by their nature high in energy and fibre. Chia is known as an ancient superfood of the Aztecs. These chia seeds have a mild, pleasant taste and can be used as an energy, fibre and omega-3 fatty acid supplement.
- Chia is one of the highest plant based omega-3 sources outperforming even flax seeds. The excellent ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 of 3:2 makes it a great anti-inflammatory food.
- The soluble rich fibre gel in Chia soothes the digestive system and slows the release of sugars into the bloodstream stabilising blood sugar levels.
- Chia is known as a dieters dream food as it bulks up meals with low calorie nutrient density without altering flavour.
- The combination of essential fats, fibre and protein make Chia an excellent food for improving endurance and fitness. It also has the ability to help keep the body hydrated and electrolytes balanced.
- The potent antioxidants in Chia naturally preserve the sensitive Omega-3 oils and provide anti-aging benefits.
Use whole or ground and add to smoothies, salads, cereal, yoghurt and stews. Can also be mixed with water or juice and taken as a gel. Alternatively use in baking bread, muffins and biscuits.
Perfect for thickening smoothies.
This product is packed in a warehouse where peanuts and tree nuts are present.
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (as packed)
Per Single serving size = 10 g (1 tablespoon)
- Energy (kJ) 203
- Protein (g) 1,7
- Glycaemic Carbohydrate (g) 1
- of which total sugars (g) 0,8
- Total fat (g) 3,1
- of which Saturated fat (g) 0,3
- of which Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,4
- of which Omega-3 fatty acids (mg) 1783
- of which ALA (mg) 1783
- of which Monounsaturated fat (g) 0,2
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Dietary fibre (g) 3,4
- Total Sodium (mg) 2
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.