Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, which means those with Celiac or gluten intolerance can enjoy. It’s also full of health benefits you won’t find in ordinary, processed flour products.
Coconut flour is:
- High in fibre – nearly twice the amount of fibre found in wheat bran. Great for improving digestion, reducing the amount of sugar your body absorbs and lowering cholesterol.
- High in protein – even without gluten, coconut flour is higher in protein and essential amino acids than rye or cornmeal flour.
- Low in carbohydrates – the low-carb alternative to ordinary flours.
- Low GI (glycaemic index).
- Suitable for diabetics.
Can be used as an alternative to wheat flour in cooking or baking. For best results mix with other flours according to a recipe. Suggestion: Replace up to 30% of other flours in recipes. Use to make pancakes, muffins, bread and cakes. Alternatively add to smoothies.
This product is packed in a warehouse where peanuts and tree nuts are present.
Organic coconut flour.
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (as packed)
Per Single serving size = 15g (approx 3 tablespoons)
- Energy (kJ) 156
- Protein (g) 2.5
- Glycaemic Carbohydrate (g) 3
- of which total sugar (g) 2.6
- Total fat (g) 1.8
- of which Saturated fat (g) 1.7
- Dietary fibre (g) 5.2
- Total Sodium (mg) 10
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.