Star anise has a sweet and peppery taste similar to liquorice; it can be used whole or ground. The star anise from Good Life is:
- Proudly South African
- Certified by Bio-Org, backed by the Biodynamic and Organic Certification Authority (BDOCA)
- A source of shikimic acid, a plant-based compound rich in antioxidants, with antiviral properties
Recipe for roasted sweet potatoes with star anise, ginger & lime
- 450g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 star anise, finely crushed
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, finely grated (you can also use organic ginger powder)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then flip the potatoes over. Continue roasting for 10 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Serves 2
100% star anise
Note: Packed in a facility that handles gluten & tree nuts.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.