- Neutral flavour
- A very easy starch to digest
- Highly versatile
- Ideal thickener for stews, soups, sauces & gravies
Please Note: Arrowroot powder is not a suitable thickener for dairy milk-based sauces.
- Use 1Tbsp arrowroot powder to thicken 1 cup of liquid
- Mix with a little cold water before adding to a hot liquid
- Use a 1-to-1 ratio when replacing corn starch with arrowroot
- Mix together 1Tbsp arrowroot, 1 Tbsp olive oil & ¼ cup water to make an egg replacement
Recipe for Three-Ingredient Paleo Pancakes:
- ½ cup Good Life Organic Arrowroot Powder
- 4 free range eggs
- 4tsp coconut oil, melted
- Approx. 1 cup filtered water, coconut milk or almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk or blend all ingredients into a smooth, watery batter.
- Use a little coconut oil to grease a skillet or frying pan; warm over low-medium heat.
- Pour about 3Tbsp batter into the pan, tilting so that it spreads to the edges of the pan.
- Cook for about 30 seconds on the first side, until slightly golden & dry. Flip & for about 30 seconds on the second side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until you have a batch of pancakes. Serve with your favourite toppings & enjoy.
Organic arrowroot powder
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
30 Sep, 2015, By Michelle
This works wonderfully in place of cornflour. Thickens stews and curries with no discernible taste. Have used it constantly since I bought it.
Great for weaning breastfed babies
29 Sep, 2015, By raeesa
Not many people know that in some cultures arrowroot is used to make porridge, especially when weaning breastfed babies. To do this, express breast milk and add arrowroot powder when its cold. Stir constantly over low heat until it thickens to a custard texture and serve when its a at an appropriate temperature. I use about 1tsp per 20ml milk. My baby loves it because it tastes exactly like his milk.
03 Sep, 2015, By Thavashni
Bought this particularly for use in soups and stews. It works very well, it thickens to exactly the correct consistency and does not distort the taste and flavour of the stew.