- Cold pressed macadamia nut oil
- One of the green list oils on the Tim Noakes/Banting diet
- Low carb
- Nutty flavour
- Cold pressed means less damage to the many valuable antioxidants it contains
- Squalene, tocotrienols and tocopherols protect against oxidation of the oil making it last longer and also providing your body with antioxidants
- High smoke point makes it ideal for cooking and frying
- High in healthy mono-unsaturated fatty acids, low in unhealthy saturated fats
- High in omega 3 fatty acids which benefit skin, brain and heart health
- Balanced omega 3 – 6 ratio
- Contains vitamin E which protects the liver and skin
- Supports healthy digestion
- Palmitoleic acid (Omega 7): boosts metabolism and has a beneficial effect on metabolic syndrome, circulation and heart health
- Squalene: resembles human sebum and is very protective and beneficial for skin health, protecting it against sun damage and helping your skin manufacture vitamin D
- Due to its stability and antioxidants does not require refrigeration
- Packed in glass so no hormone disrupting chemicals can leech into it
Just a small amount of omega-7 has a potent effect on energy intake and fat storage. It suppresses the production of new fat molecules, especially ones that damage tissue and raise the risk of heart disease.
- Ideal for frying, cooking, salads, marinades, and sauces
- Store in a cool, dark place
- Use within 6 months of opening
- You can use macadamia oil in beauty preparations too due to its skin-loving omega 3 and squalene content. Shave with it or add it to your moisturiser or hair conditioner
Allergens: Made from nuts
Cold pressed macadamia nut oil
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Macadamia oil = the best nut oil and a Paleo staple because ... ...
07 Apr, 2016, By Loren
Macadamia oil has more monounsaturated fat than even olive oil making it more stable and safe for storage and cooking, and has an almost perfect omega-3 nutrient profile
Also - it tastes amaaaazing in smoothies!! And salad dressings. And mayo.
The days that I have it in my smoothie Im full for forever. Im going to try it in homemade choc next. And its not crazy eye-wateringly expensive
that is all
*drops mic and walks away*