- Contains 2 x 0.2g packets of Matsoni yoghurt starter
- Reusable heirloom starter re-cultures from batch to batch indefinitely
- Doesn’t need a yoghurt maker: cultures on the countertop at room temperature (70º-77ºF)
- Cultured in organic dairy milk
- Non GMO
Benefits of yoghurt
Yoghurt is naturally fermented by bacteria that is known as ‘friendly bacteria’ because it is so beneficial for supporting your delicate balance of healthy gut flora. Feeding your gut with healthy bacteria can help ease a number of digestive problems such as wind and bloating and help restore the balance if you have been on a course of antibiotics which can damage your microflora. It’s also filled with nutrients such as calcium, vitamin B2, B12, potassium, and magnesium. Those are mildly lactose intolerant often find they can tolerate yoghurt because the bacteria convert the lactose into lactic acid.
Why we love homemade…
Apart from being healthy, fun and satisfying making your own traditional and yum food, most commercial yoghurts are filled with artificial colours, flavours, additives, and sugar which can counteract the beneficial effects of yoghurt in your gut, especially the sugar. With homemade yoghurt you can sweeten it with wholesome and tasty natural sweeteners such as raw honey, maple syrup or birch xylitol. A lot of store bought milk also can have unhealthy hormones in it - choose organic or hormone-free.
- Activate 1 packet using 1-2 cups pasteurized milk
- Store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up
- This culture is also suitable for use with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care
Shipping Information and Shelf-life
- Shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried yogurt culture
- Keeps at room temperature (68° to 77°F) for 3 to 4 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 9 months unopened
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12 months unopened
Contains dairy milk. Manufactured in a facility that produces products containing gluten and dairy.
Organic milk, live active bacteria.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.