- Buttermilk starter to create a traditional cultured buttermilk
- Choose your own healthy milk option – organic and hormone-free!
- Each box contains 2 x 0.2g packets of buttermilk starter
- Reusable heirloom starter re-cultures from batch to batch indefinitely, meaning a small amount of each batch can be used to make the next batch.
- Cultures on the countertop at 70°-77°F.
- Culture may be used to make raw milk buttermilk, with special care
- Non GMO
- Instructions included
- Is rich in nutrients
- Can be used for baking or drinking
- Can be added to cream to make tasty cultured butter which is simply delicious in a variety of recipes
- Activate 1 packet using quart pasteurised milk
- Store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk
Shipping Information and Shelf-life:
Shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried culture. The starter keeps;
- At room temperature (68° to 77°F): 3 to 4 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 9 months unopened
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12 months unopened
Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing gluten and dairy.
Organic milk, live active cultures
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.