With the various benefits such as hair nourishment, anti-aging properties, moisture retention, and vitamin E supplementation, coconut oil is one of the best things to aid in the health of your hair. This Treatment will leave it soft, smooth and full of shine.
Some benefits of using coconut oil on your hair:
- Hair Damage: The use of coconut oil on hair helps to reduce protein loss in both damaged as well as undamaged hair. Coconut oil rich in lauric acid, has a high affinity for hair protein, and easily penetrates inside the hair shaft, which is due to its low molecular weight.
- Moisture Retention: Coconut oil has a high moisture retaining capacity, since it is not easily broken down nor evaporated, being very stable. It does not let moisture escape, thus keeping hair moist and soft, which prevents breakage of hair.
- Hair Conditioning: Coconut oil is a better conditioner for hair than any synthetic one available in the market. Use of warm coconut oil helps in keeping hair shimmering and soft.
- Anti-Dandruff: The various fatty acids present in coconut oil serve as very good anti-dandruff agents and are far better than any anti-dandruff shampoo. Regular application of coconut oil can help you get rid of dandruff forever.
- Hair Care for Dry Hair: For people with dry hair that is rough and thin, taking good care of your hair is a big concern. Coconut oil can be effective in taking care of this sort of dry hair.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for your hair:
- Balancing hair and scalp pH: Our hair has an ideal pH of 4 to 5. The acidity of the Apple Cider Vinegar means that it can help maintain the pH balance of your hair and remove build up at the same time without stripping the hair of its natural oils.
- Sealing the hair cuticle: As a result, light is reflected off the hair, making it smoother, softer and shinier. This also enables the hair maintain more moisture and helping prevent split ends.
- Treating dandruff, itchy and dry scalp: Apple Cider Vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help treat itchy, dry scalp. It can treat clogged hair follicles due to bacterial infection that creates crusty flakes on the scalp (which can result in hair loss).
- Encouraging hair growth: Apple Cider Vinegar stimulates better circulation to the hair follicles, which strengthens the hair roots and promotes a healthy hair growth.
Place the bottle in hot water to melt the coconut oil. Shake well and then apply to your hair. Leave on for about an hour and wash your hair using normal shampoo to remove excess oil, followed by your favourite conditioner.
Coconut oil, apple cider vinager and honey
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
16 May, 2016, By Tracy
Definitely not a shampoo and a very disappointing product overall from the misleading name to the smell!
Awesome for curlies
26 Mar, 2016, By Melanie-ann
If you e forgoing traditional shampoos but feel the need for a cleanser then this product is for you. Yes, its made of Coconut oil so it solidifies when cool so youll have to melt it in your palms before applying to the scalp but its simply fabulous once used. Leaves my hair soft and silky.
Coconut oil shampoo
04 Mar, 2016, By Mia
A very ustic product, the ingredients lie at the bottom have to be shaken loose vigorously. NOT a shampoo at all, more a mask/conditioner, has to be washed out with normal shampoo. Product name misleading.
not your typical shampoo
15 Dec, 2015, By Marieta
Coconut connection -although sold as shampoo it does not foam and because the coconut oil sets it separates the ingredients (which I understand is the typical thing for coconut oil to do) but it thus acts more like a conditioner than a cleaner....
Not a shampoo
15 Dec, 2015, By Theresa
Didn work as for me as a shampoo as very thick and difficult to wash out, but is effective as a hair mask/treatment if left in for a few hours and then washed out with ordinary shampoo. Won buy this product again as get the same mask/conditioner effect using ordinary plain coconut oil, and it is difficult to get the product out of the bottle as it is very thick. .