A short-aged miso, made using traditional Japanese fermentation methods.
- Fermented organic rice & soya bean purée
- Creamy & slightly sweet
- Made in small batches to ensure quality
- Versatile, suitable for a huge variety of recipes
- Gluten-free & wheat-free
- Dairy-free & nut-free
Health benefits of miso:
- Acts as a digestive tonic; source of beneficial bacteria
- Strengthens immunity; source of B vitamins, calcium & iron
- Contains all necessary amino acids; a complete protein
- A rich source of protective antioxidants
Please Note: The colour of your sweet white miso may darken slightly as it ages; this is normal and will not affect the flavour.
Did You Know? Historically, sweet white miso was a food only available to Royalty or rich noblemen! That’s because the koji rice used to make it was once very expensive; these days of course, it’s far more affordable and accessible.
Recipe for Sweet Miso Salad Dressing:
- 2Tbsp Clearspring Sweet White Miso
- 2Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1Tbsp sesame oil
- 1Tbsp sesame seeds, ground & roasted
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl & whisk together.
- Drizzle the dressing over your salad & toss gently. Serve immediately.
- The perfect dressing for a green Spring salad!
Cultured rice* (63%), whole soya beans* (24%), water, sea salt
Nutritional information (per 100g):
- Energy-kJ: 695kJ
- Energy-kcal: 165kcal
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 27.1g
- of which sugars: 23g
- Fat: 3.4g
- of which saturates: 1.19g
- of which monounsaturates: 1.43g
- of which polyunsaturates: 0.63g
- Fibre: 2.1
- Sodium: 4.925
- Moisture: 56.5g
- Ash: 5.5g
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
26 Oct, 2016, By Heinrich
I was on the fence when I looked at the price - I have never known miso before - but I had a vegan cheese recipe I wanted to try out. It was a very nice surprise when I tasted it the first time. My cheese was amazing. This adds great flavour to pasta and sauces. And it really lasts long. Super impressed. Everyone should try it.
Wish I could like it more
16 Jun, 2015, By Maureen
I use a lot of sweet white miso in my vegan cheese making and I ran out of the one I get in the US made by Eden Foods. Lucky for me F2N have this one in stock and I have now purchased three packages of it. It works well, has good flavour but... for me it is not as strong as the Eden brand and hence I have to use more to get the same flavour profile. I am VERY happy that I can get this locally :).