- No preservatives or additives
- Low in calories
- Lower GI than sweet cherries
- Higher in vitamin C and antioxidants than sweet cherries
- Infused with apple juice for added sweetness
- Great for cooking in pies, cakes, jams, compotes and tarts
Sour cherries, also known as tart cherries or pie cherries, are fast becoming known as a type of superfruit. These cherries contain a special combination of nutrients with a range of health benefits:
- Anthocyanins: These compounds have strong anti-inflammatory properties, and can also help to inhibit the growth of tumours.
- Flavonols: Improve circulation, promote heart and brain health, and control blood pressure levels.
- Phytochemicals and phenolic acids, which are full of disease-fighting antioxidants.
- Tart cherries are also alkalising foods, helping to combat conditions like gout which are caused by excess acidity in the body.
Did You Know? Cherries are one of the world’s few known natural food sources of melatonin, a hormone that helps to regulate your body’s sleep patterns.
Recipe for Dried Cherry Butter
- 2½ cups By Nature Sour Cherries
- 2tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- ¼tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp sugar
- Boil the cherries, lemon zest and lemon zest with 2 cups of water in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir in the honey, cinnamon and sugar. Cook the mixture at a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and spoon your cherry butter into hot, sterilised glass jars.
Sour cherries, apple juice concentrate, citrus fibre, lemon juice concentrate,GMO-free sunflower oil
Packed in a facility that uses tree nuts.
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
24 Sep, 2016, By Karin
These are sooo good, and of course so good for you as well.
Sour dried cherries
22 Jul, 2016, By Lisa
26 May, 2016, By Sheena
to my yoghurt or smoothie...with a definite complex taste. Love em.
05 Feb, 2016, By Piera
These are so delicious, and work particularly well in a cacao smoothie - the combination of tartness and chocolaty richness is amazing. About to order some more!
Buy more then one packet...
08 Oct, 2015, By Catherine
Oooh, these are really REALLY good :) And it is near impossible to just have one or two- before you know it you have scoffed half the bag and need to remove it from arms length in order to stop eating. They start deliciously sweet, packed full of cherry flavour, before ending on a tart note. Delish!
dont bother rationing
13 Apr, 2015, By Kalai
i had a plan in my head of eating a little everyday, until i opened the bag and then i was throwing the empty packaging in the bin. addictive, very very addictive.
Chewy and delicious
02 Dec, 2014, By Kaeyla
Sweet but tangy as well.
12 Nov, 2014, By Kate
These are so delicious
Finished the packet the day I received them!
11 Nov, 2014, By raeesa
Really enjoyed these chewy sour cherries
30 Jun, 2014, By Andy
There is nothing sour about these cherries - a wonderful sweet snack and a very novel gift too. My Dad loved them as part of his fathers day hamper.