What makes walnuts so good for you?
- High in omega-3, which promotes heart health & brain function
- A natural source of melatonin, which helps to regulate sleeping patterns
- Great source of B vitamins & antioxidants, which combat free radicals & reduce signs of ageing
- Antioxidant properties help to reduce chronic oxidative stress
- High omega content reduces chronic inflammation
- Mono- & polyunsaturated fats are good for insulin sensitivity; reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
- A source of beneficial minerals; manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, & selenium
Did You Know? The ancient Greek name for walnuts is karyon, meaning “head,” because the walnut kernel inside the shell resembles a brain inside a skull. The high omega content makes walnuts great “brain food” too!
Recipe for Brown Sugar Walnut Bars:
- 4Tbsp melted grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup By Nature Raw Walnut Pieces
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½tsp salt
- ¾tsp baking powder
- ⅛tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup organic brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a baking pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Melt the butter or oil & set aside to cool.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder.
- Beat the egg with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add the brown sugar, melted butter & vanilla; beat well. Stir in the flour mixture, then the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan & spread evenly.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes. Once baked, cut into bars & leave to cool in the pan.
- Makes about 16 yummy walnut snack bars. Enjoy!
Raw walnut pieces
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.