Here are some great reasons to eat more linseeds:
- They’re full of Omega 3 fatty acids, which protect your heart while keeping blood pressure & cholesterol levels in check. They also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- They’re a “complete” protein, meaning they contain all essential amino acids your body needs.
- Linseeds are also high in B vitamins, manganese & magnesium.
- A rich source of both soluble & insoluble fibres, which promote a healthy digestive system.
- These seeds are one of the best plant-based sources of lignans, substances that help to fight disease & even combat some types of cancer.
Recipe for Apple & Linseed Porridge:
- 100g oats
- 2 apples, peeled & grated
- 2Tbsp By Nature Brown Linseeds
- ½tsp ground cinnamon (plus extra for topping)
- 500ml almond milk
- 150ml probiotic yoghurt
- Drizzle of honey or agave syrup
- Heat the oats, apples, cinnamon & milk in a pot. Bring to the boil while stirring, then reduce heat & cook for 4-5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the linseeds, then divide the porridge into 4 breakfast bowls.
- Top each bowl with a dollop of yoghurt, a drizzle of honey or agave & a sprinkle cinnamon.
Brown flax seeds, certified orgganic at source
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
19 Mar, 2015, By Saadieka