- Truly raw: non-pasteurised means all the beneficial oils and nutrients have been left intact
- Locally grown: really fresh!
- Almonds need minimal pest control intervention
Choose your preferred volume from the dropdown menu top right
You can grind these up to make almond flour for your banting goodies, add to your smoothies, mix them up with other nuts and dried berries for a delicious snack, or sprinkle on your salads or in your savoury bakes.
Benefits of Almonds
- Cancer Prevention - Almonds are low in saturated fat and contain many other protective nutrients - calcium and magnesium - for strong bones, vitamin E and compounds called phytochemicals, which may help protect against cardiovascular disease and even cancer.
- Phytochemical Powerhouse
- Reduce Heart Attack Risk
- Lower Cholesterol
- One teeny ounce of almonds contains 12 percent of your daily allowance of protein. And absolutely no cholesterol, of course. You'll also get 35 percent of your daily allowance of vitamin E, that valuable antioxidant with so many cancer-fighting qualities. And most of the fat in almonds is monounsaturated, also known as the "good" fat.
- This little nut is also loaded with minerals like magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, as well as lots of healthy fiber. And don't forget calcium and folic acid - they're in there too!
- 20-25 almonds (approximately one ounce) contain as much calcium as 1/4 cup of milk, a valuable tool in preventing osteoporosis.
- Almonds are the best whole food source of vitamin E, in the form of alpha-tocopherol, which may help prevent cancer.
- If you're pregnant, or thinking about it, almonds are a great source of the folic acid you need!
- Almonds contain more magnesium than oatmeal or even spinach. Are you listening, Popeye?
- Build strong bones and teeth with the phosphorus in almonds.
What are unpasteurised almonds? It is law that if almonds are imported that they have to be pasteurised. This is done by either steam, irradiation, ionization, roasting, blanching, or treating them with propylene oxide (PPO), which is a known carcinogen. Almonds that have been treated this way can still be labelled “raw”. However these treatments can damage the amazing nutrients and oils in almonds, which is the reason to eat them in the first place! These Almonds from By Nature are unpasteurised as they are grown locally and because they are grown here, you also get them much fresher, making them really delicious.
Raw unpasteurised almonds
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Really taste like almonds should!
21 Sep, 2016, By Pier
I just love how natural and nutty these almonds taste. You can really taste that they are almonds - they don have that bland taste that supermarket almonds have. Love these!