- High in fibre
- Low in carbohydrates
- Low GI (glycaemic index)
- Source of protein, iron, zinc & essential fatty acid
- Great flour substitute for gluten-free baked goods
Please Note: Coconut flour tends to be drier than ordinary flour, so you may need to use more liquids in your recipe.
Recipe for Super-Easy Coconut Flour Cookies:
- 3tbsp Absolute Organix Coconut Flour
- 2tbsp unsalted butter
- 1tbsp raw honey
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 365°.
- Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor, until you have a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Divide into 8 small balls and flatten slightly on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the edges are light golden (about 9 minutes).
- Top Tip: These biscuits over-bake quickly, so keep an eye on them.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet, or they will crumble.
- Enjoy! Makes approx. 8 cookies
Please Note: When replacing ordinary flour with coconut flour, you may find it is very absorbent and you need to add a little extra liquid to the mixture.
100% natural coconut flour
Faithful to Nature is an online retail store, specialising in a wide selection of natural supplements, vitamins, superfoods and health-related products. Our green team is all about helping you unlock your full potential to live a healthy life; however we are not medical professionals. Please do consult your health care practitioner when seeking medical advice.
Absolute Organix Organic Coconut Flour
04 Mar, 2015, By Gillian
Bought this to try as i was curious about the taste and texture. Very pleasantly surprised.. Made banana and egg pancakes and added 2 teaspoons of flour to thicken up the texture with a teaspoon of cinamon and coconut sugar - best ever! (fried in coconut oil :))