- 224 pages, softcover
- Published by Random House Struik
- Describes how & when to plant, cultivate & harvest each plant
- Provides information on the medicinal uses of each plant
- Includes medicinal, culinary & cosmetic recipes for each plant
- Includes colour photographs & Margaret Roberts’ own line drawings
- Makes a wonderful gift for gardeners
About the Author
Margaret Roberts is a leading expert on all things herbal, who advocates the use of plant-based products to support health and wellbeing. She is the author of numerous books on the medicinal properties of herbs and flowers.
Margaret Roberts’ Recipe for Elder Flower Skin Cream:
- 1 cup elder flower heads
- 1 cup natural fragrance-free body cream
- 2tsp vitamin E oil
- 4tsp almond oil
- Simmer the elder flower heads in the cream in a covered double boiler for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain & discard the flowers.
- Mix in the vitamin E & almond oil.
- Store in a sterilised glass jar. Massage into rough patches of skin; use daily for best results.
Margaret Roberts’ Recipe for Elderflower Lemonade:
- 4 cups elder flowers, removed from stems
- Juice of 8 fresh lemons
- 1Tbsp lemon rind
- 3 cups sugar
- 2L filtered water
- Simmer all the ingredients together for 10 minutes. Add a little extra water if necessary.
- Cool the mixture, then strain. You will be left with a thick, lemony syrup mixture.
- Pour the syrup into a decanter & store in the fridge.
- To serve, pour ¼ glass syrup & top up with iced water or soda water.